Our Basic Stance Towards the Handling of Personal Information
Yu Language Group requires personal information for admission screening and student management. Below you can find the terms and conditions for handling personal information.
Personal Information Subject to Disclosure and Its Purpose of Use
- 1. Your name, gender and date of birth are collected in order to allow your enrollment.
- 2. Your phone number, e-mail address and home address are collected in order to provide you with information on examination time and place, as well as answer any inquiries you have.
- 3. To apply to the Immigration Bureau for the status of residence acquisition, we will use the personal information specified in the application guidelines.
- 4. We collect student’s personal information once his/her admission is approved (①Information About the Applicant; ②Information About the Guarantor and the Financial Guarantor).
Disclosure to Third Parties
Personal information held by Yu Language Group will not be disclosed or provided to a third party with the exception of the following cases:
- When there is consent from the person who provided the initial information.
- When required by law.
- For the purposes stated in paragraphs 1-4
However, in cases when personal information disclosure is requested from government agencies for legal procedures, we may disclose information without your consent as according to the relevant laws and regulations.
We do not disclose your personal information to third-party contractors.
In Case Personal Information Is Not Provided
Provision of personal information for purposes listed in paragraphs 1-3 are is required by our company for the admission process. Therefore, if the necessary information is not provided when applying for admission the application will be dismissed.
If the applicant does not provide necessary information when applying we will not be able to judge whether the applicant is eligible for admission or not.
Once enrolled, if the student fails to provide the required information as stated in paragraph 4 he will be denied enrollment.
Disclosure, Revision and Deletion of Personal Information
The owner of personal information retains the right to request that we disclose any personal information we have about you, as well as its correction and deletion.
However, if disclosing personal information related to the admission screening process would create an obstacle to the process, such disclosure will be refused. If personal information requested would in any way hinder information management of currently enrolled students, such disclosure will be refused.
If you would like to request disclosure, revision, deletion of personal information and other inquiries, please contact our staff. As per our guidelines, you will be asked to present your ID.
Yu Language Academy (Tokyo, Sapporo) & Yu International Cultural Academy
Student Affairs Office
Personal Information Management
Personal Information Manager is one of our company’s executives. Contact information is below.